This is just good old chicken and vegetables. The marinating and slow-cooking are the secrets to full tender flavor.
Ingredients: 1 pound raw chicken breast, 1 sweet onion-chopped, 1/2 bag baby carrots and/or 2 chopped yellow or orange peppers, 10 stalks of celery-chopped, olive oil, dill, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, brown rice (or wild or basmati)
- Prepare rice as per package directions. Set aside
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to deep cooking/fry pan.
- Add onion and cook on medium heat, stirring often until onions brown.
- Add celery and continue to stir until celery begins to look a bit clear.
- Add carrots.
- Cut chicken into small chunks. Add to bowl with 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp poultry seasoning, ½ tsp garlic, 1 tsp dill. Mix so chicken is thoroughly coated with spices. Add more or less spices to your taste.
- If time permits, place the chicken-herb mixture in a plastic Ziploc or bowl and refrigerate from an hour to overnight. This marinating enhances flavor!
- Add chicken to pan with 1 cup of water.
- Simmer mixture for an hour or more adding water if needed as it boils off.
- The longer the chicken cooks, the more tender it becomes. It can be easily broken into pieces which is great for the young ones.
- Add portion to blender or food processor to puree. The rice can be added or served separate.
- Use the puree for babies or serve like a chicken salad or pate on bread or crackers.
- Serve cooked chicken with or over rice for a hearty meal.
HERBED CHICKEN AND RICE
- 1 Pound Raw Chicken Breast<br /><br />
- 1 Pc Sweet Onion-Chopped<br /><br />
- 1/2 Bag Baby Carrots AND<br /><br /> (And/Or 2 Chopped Yellow Or Orange Peppers<br /><br />)
- 10 Stalks Celery-Chopped<br /><br /><br /><br />
- Olive Oil<br /><br />
- Dill<br /><br />
- Poultry Seasoning<br /><br />
- Garlic Powder<br /><br />
- Brown Rice (Or Wild Or Basmati)<br /><br />
Prepare Rice As Per Package Directions. Set Aside
Add 1 Tbsp Olive Oil To Deep Cooking/Fry Pan.
Add Onion And Cook On Medium Heat, Stirring Often Until Onions Brown.
Add Celery And Continue To Stir Until Celery Begins To Look A Bit Clear.
Cut Chicken Into Small Chunks. Add To Bowl With 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, 1 Tsp Poultry Seasoning, ½ Tsp Garlic, 1 Tsp Dill. Mix So Chicken Is Thoroughly Coated With Spices. Add More Or Less Spices To Your Taste.
If Time Permits, Place The Chicken-Herb Mixture In A Plastic Ziploc Or Bowl And Refrigerate From An Hour To Overnight. This Marinating Enhances Flavor!
Add Chicken To Pan With 1 Cup Of Water.
Simmer Mixture For An Hour Or More Adding Water If Needed As It Boils Off.
The Longer The Chicken Cooks, The More Tender It Becomes. It Can Be Easily Broken Into Pieces Which Is Great For The Young Ones.
Add Portion To Blender Or Food Processor To Puree. The Rice Can Be Added Or Served Separate.
Use The Puree For Babies Or Serve Like A Chicken Salad Or Pate On Bread Or Crackers.
Serve Cooked Chicken With Or Over Rice For A Hearty Meal.