- 1.5 cups of mashed banana (about 3 medium ripe bananas)
- 1/3 cup liquid coconut oil (I melt and cool solid coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or powdered maple sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Topping Ingredients (optional)
- 2 Tbsp almond flour
- 5 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Use a nonstick spray to coat muffin tray or add liners.
- Place wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and mix with electric mixer or by hand with a spoon/spatula.
- Once mixed well, add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and continue to mix with spatula (Do not overmix-the batter can get lumpy and thick!)<br>***Topping (optional): Mix dry topping ingredients in a small bowl. Cut in coconut oil or butter with a fork to make crumbles. Sprinkle over muffin tops.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes on 400 degrees then reduce to 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until fully baked. (Stick a toothpick in and if it comes out clean, they are done.)
- Keep in fridge for about 7 days in Tupperware container or freeze for longer. ENJOY!