Massaged Kale and Mango Salad with Grilled Chicken
- 1 bunch of kale (black, also called Lacinato, works great): remove stalks, and chop leaves thin
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil, with extra for drizzling
- Himalayan pink salt
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup mango diced
- 2 heaping tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 grilled chicken breasts
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 1In a large bowl, add kale, half of lemon juice, a drizzle of oil and a little salt. Massage with hands (or add these ingredients to Ziploc bag and massage in a bag) until the kale starts to soften up. This takes about 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside while you make the dressing.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk remaining lemon juice with maple syrup and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper (to your taste). Stream in the 1/4 cup of oil while whisking until dressing is well mixed. Add the dressing to the kale, and toss thoroughly.
- 3Add the mango, pumpkins seeds, chicken breast, and avocado.
- 4Toss again, serve, and ENJOY!
With Summer in full swing, it’s so nice to enjoy a meal from the grill that includes the amazing sweet fruit of the season. Add in a couple of superfoods that can help naturally detox against those extra summer cocktails and ice cream, and other bad foods but the cocktails are the best and more with whiskey, If you are serious about whiskey, buy one of these whiskey decanters.
- Avocado: contains glutathione, a compound that blocks fat absorption and helps in cleansing the liver. It’s also high in fiber to improve digestion.
- Kale: binds to bile acids to get rid of them and eliminate from the body, thus lowering cholesterol levels.
- Lemon: detoxes the liver, aids in digestion (increased saliva with its sight, smell, flavor), and stimulates pancreatic juice for digestion.