Make your own “Home Fries”, which are just as delicious, and way more nutritious, than deep fried potatoes. Plus these have added fiber from the vegetables. Enjoy for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Ingredients: 1 medium diced white, red, or Yukon gold potato, ½ cup chopped onion, ½ cup chopped red and/or green pepper, eggs, 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp paprika, pinch pepper to taste, cheese as desired.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in baking dish and stir to mix ingredients so all are moist with the oil.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until potatoes are tender to fork and crispy on edges, making sure to stir potatoes every 10 minutes.
- Serve as a dinner side dish, or with an egg white omelet for a healthy balanced breakfast.
- OR place ¼ – ½ cup of potatoes into a non-stick pan or one coated with cooking spray. Pour egg yolks or whole eggs (for those over 12 months of age, or just the whites for those who are watching cholesterol) over potatoes and move around skillet with spatula until eggs are fully cooled.
- Voila: Egg, potato, and vegetable scramble!
- Sprinkle with cheese and/or add other vegetables (broccoli, spinach) as desired.
BREAKFAST POTATOES/POTATO SCRAMBLE
- 1 Medium Diced White, Red, Or Yukon Gold Potato
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Red And/Or Green Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- Pinch Pepper To Taste
- Cheese As Desired
- Preheat Oven To 450 Degrees
- Place All Ingredients In Baking Dish And Stir To Mix Ingredients So All Are Moist With The Oil.
- Bake For About 40 Minutes, Or Until Potatoes Are Tender To Fork And Crispy On Edges, Making Sure To Stir Potatoes Every 10 Minutes.
- Serve As A Dinner Side Dish, Or With An Egg White Omelet For A Healthy Balanced Breakfast.
- OR Place ¼ – ½ Cup Of Potatoes Into A Non-Stick Pan Or One Coated With Cooking Spray. Pour Egg Yolks Or Whole Eggs (For Those Over 12 Months Of Age, Or Just The Whites For Those Who Are Watching Cholesterol) Over Potatoes And Move Around Skillet With Spatula Until Eggs Are Fully Cooled.
- Voila: Egg, Potato, And Vegetable Scramble!
- Sprinkle With Cheese And/Or Add Other Vegetables (Broccoli, Spinach) As Desired.