Chocolate Chip Cookies
One of our favorite treats: glutenfree refinedsugarfree dairy-free chocolate chip cookies I love knowing they are truly enjoying a treat that is also healthy. Give this one a try and let me know what your family thinks.
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill finely ground almond flour.)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet morsels. I prefer darker, but the kids like sweeter!)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk egg in a large bowl. Add in maple syrup, melted coconut oil, cashew butter, vanilla, and almond milk. Whisk again.
- Add in: almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, most of the sea salt (save some to add to top of cookies)
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Place parchment paper over a baking sheet and use a spoon and/or spatula to drop batter, dividing it into a dozen cookies. Sprinkle remaining salt on top.
- Place in the oven for about 12 minutes on the center rack. Then turn the oven on broil and cook 1- 1 1/2 additional minutes. **Keep a close eye on it because they can burn quickly! ENJOY AND SHARE!!!