- 1/2 cups hard wheat berries
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup of grilled yellow squash, chopped
- 1/2 cup of grilled zucchini, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot combine the wheat berries and enough water to come 2 inches over the wheat berries. Bring to a boil and cook uncovered for 1 hour, or until tender. Drain and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the wheat berries, pecans, yellow squash, zucchini, dried cranberries, scallions, parsley, olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy!