Tacotuesday – I LOVE the idea of a theme. This can help take some of the pressure or thinking out of what you will make for a family dinner. This prevents you from becoming a short-order cook. This week we went with a Mexican salad….which could even work for meat less monday ! The corn, peppers, pickled onions and cheese give this dish the taste of taco . The tofu adds in some extra plant based protein. Give this one a try and let me know what you think. Enjoy this eatthe rainbow !
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1/2 medium red onion (or use 1/3 cup pickled onions)
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of corn
- 1/3 cup of crumbled cotija cheese
Dressing Ingredients :
- 1/2 cup finely minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients and enjoy! Easy and delicious.