- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice sweet potato in vertical cuts
- Brush the sweet potato slices with olive oil and salt and pepper. Spread them out evenly on the baking sheets. Bake for 40 minutes until slightly golden brown.
- Top each slice with 1/2 tablespoon tomato sauce and a sprinkle the cheese. Bake for another 3-5 minutes until melted. I turn the oven on broil for the last minute. Please keep watch to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Top with fresh basil and red pepper flakes and enjoy!