If you need a last-minute hostess gift, a fun weekend, or holiday week kid craft or dessert for holiday dinner, then you must try these gluten-free dairy-free refined sugar-free sugar cookies!
I brought them into my son’s class for a craft at his holiday party and they were a true hit! You can try any cookie cutters and any toppings. I like @colorkitchenfoods for dye-free plant-based sprinkles and frosting options and @unreal.snacks for dye-free, less sugar candies. These are the one’s we made in class this week! Thank you @rachlmansfield for the recipe inspiration!!
- 1 Large organic egg
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 Cup maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons liquid coconut oil(I heat and cool solid coconut oil.)
- 2 Cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, vanilla, maple syrup
- Add in coconut oil and whisk again
- Mix in the almond and coconut flour, baking powder and form dough into big ball
- Cover bowl (with dough inside) with a paper towel and place in fridge for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Remove the dough from the fridge and sprinkle almond flour onto counter. (I taped down parchment paper to the counter.) Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough to 1/4 inch thick. Use extra almond flower if it’s sticky. (I used a bunch, especially after re-rolling).
- Start cutting the cookies! You will need to re-roll the scraps to make more cookies.
- Place the cookies onto baking sheet and bake in oven for 8-10 mins until they begin to brown
- Allow the cookies to cool before decorating.
- Have fun and be creative!