Roasted Chickpea and Feta – Snack
Are you looking for a delicious, crispy side dish or a simple crunchy snack? Well, this recipe takes care of it all! Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, are packed with fiber and protein, which makes them super satisfying in a meal or snack. Not to mention beans help with digestion and make your gut microbiome (all the bacteria in your digestive tract) healthier. Add feta, mint, and a lemony dressing for a great Mediterranean side. Top off your salads with these (instead of croutons) for a great crunch, or snack on a handful when hunger strikes between meals. Enjoy and let me know your favorite way to enjoy these crispy chickpeas!
- 2 Cans of organic garbanzo beans
- 1 Tablespoon of cumin
- 1 Teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 4 Tablespoons of feta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 6 Tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Drain the chickpeas and pat dry so there is no excess water. In a bowl, toss the chickpeas with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper.
- Place chickpeas in a baking dish. Place in oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Place chickpeas in a bowl and toss in feta cheese, mint, the juice of one small lemon and around two tablespoons of olive oil. Combine gently and serve!