Orange you glad that #carrots are a healthy food?! With only 50 calories per cup, 3.5 grams of fiber, and 113% of your daily #vitaminA needs, they should be part of your daily diet! Research show that the #antioxidant #betacarotene (which converts to Vitamin A in our bodies) helps with heart, eye, bone, liver AND skin health (hello anti-aging vegetable!) as well as cancer prevention. Enjoy all colors of this #rootvegetabke to enjoy a variety of antioxidants! Yes….they have 12 grams of carbs but they are good, healthy carbs (only 8.5 grams net carbs, if you are counting). And I promise you: nobody ever got fat from eating carrots!! Try this recipe for a delish, flavor-packed side dish!
- 2 pounds rainbow carrots with tops
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt (OR regular sea salt)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of feta
- 2 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 450F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easier cleanup.
- Add the carrots to the baking sheet, evenly drizzle with olive oil, and evenly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Use your hands to evenly toss the olive oil.
- Arrange the carrots in a flat layer and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until carrots are lightly caramelized. Stir and flip halfway through baking so that all sides cook evenly.
- Evenly sprinkle with feta and pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately.