This isn’t something new: We have always known that fruits, vegetables, whole grains are important. #Vegan diets have been around for FOREVER but the research and media is FINALLY catching up! Even the @goldenglobes went plant-based for their awards show meal last night! This doesn’t mean I am recommending everyone go 100% plant-based immediately. I am not a vegan myself and enjoy plenty of animal products, BUT the research is just becoming more solid: #wholegrains #fiber #fruits#vegetables and #legumes are imperative for optimal health. SO start this decade off by vowing to add more good stuff into your diet (instead of focusing on what you can’t eat). I promise you will look and feel better and won’t even miss some of the less healthy stuff. Start with this delicious recipe for one of the healthiest foods: #spinach ! With its 12 different #antioxidants , anti-inflammatory properties, Vitamins A, C, K and folate, low calories and high fiber, and even some iron and magnesium, it’s a nutrition powerhouse!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic sliced into thin slivers
- 1 pound baby spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Add the olive oil and slivered garlic slices to a skillet under medium heat. Cook until the garlic begins to brown.
- Add the spinach.
- Season with the kosher salt, freshly ground pepper and red pepper flakes until it wilts.
- Drizzle with the lemon juice. Serve hot.