- 1.25 pounds of lean cubed lamb meat (choose kebob instead of stew meat for a leaner product)
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- 10 stalks of celery chopped
- ½ pound (1/2 package) baby carrots
- 1 large red pepper diced
- olive oil
- 6 small or 3 large russet potatoes peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 6-oz can tomato paste
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Place lamb cubes and onion into large pot. Add 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp paprika, bay leaf. Fill with water until lamb and onion are fully covered. Bring to a boil, then simmer on low-medium heat for 1-1.5 hours to ensure meat is very tender. Remove bay leaf after this time.
- Place potatoes, celery carrot, and pepper on a cooking tray. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp dill. Mix to ensure all ingredients are evenly coated. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes at 450 degrees, mixing at least once to ensure even cooking.
- Add oven mixture to lamb pot on stove after the 1-1.5 hours. Stir all ingredients together. Add 1 can of tomato paste.
- Allow all ingredients to continue simmering on stove at low heat. Continue this for one to two hours. Add a bit of water if needed. The potatoes will burst/break apart and help make this stew thick.
- Add additional spice if needed.