Honey Lemon Chicken
CHICKEN! It’s what’s for dinner on the regular at my house. One thing my family likes is JUICY chicken, while I like to minimize saturated fat in our diet. This unhealthy fat is higher in dark meat and found in the skin. If you use chicken breasts and follow these tips below, you will enjoy this healthy, tasty main dish! #winnerwinnerchickendinner
- 6 skin on chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup honey
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 3 whole garlic cloves cut in half
- Lemon slices
- Sliced green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Whisk together honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, vinegar, Dijon mustard and minced garlic. Pour about 1/3 of the mixture over the chicken. Let sit for about 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Add olive oil to a skillet. Sear the chicken skin side down first until golden brown for 5 minutes.
- Put the chicken skin side up in a pan. Add the whole garlic cloves and lemon slices between chicken. Pour the remaining half of the sauce over the chicken (about 2-3 tablespoons per breast).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until chicken is cooked through completely (every 15 minutes baste the chicken with sauce). Garnish with green onions and lemon slices. Remove skin before eating to reduce saturated fat and calories.
- Serve and enjoy!