Healthy and easy eggplant Parmesan
Who loves Eggplant Parmesan? 🙋🏻♀️ This version is super simple to make at home and lighter, of course, since it isn’t fried or heavy on the breadcrumbs. Eggplant is high in antioxidants, low in calories (20 calories) and carbs (5 grams) and high in fiber (3 grams). These are the amount in one cup of eggplant. With a bit of chickpea breadcrumbs, a small amount of cheese and fresh herbs, this is a dish you family and friends will all LOVE! Give it a try and let me know what you think! Don’t forget to post and tag me in your creations!
- 1 large eggplant
- 4 tablespoons of @raoshomemade tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons of water chickpea breadcrumbs
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/3 of a cup of fresh basil, parsley, and oregano, chopped.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Slice eggplant horizontally. Make a X cuts into the flesh of eggplant. Be careful not to cut down to the skin of the eggplant.
- Brush olive on the flesh of the eggplant. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Put parchment paper on a baking sheet. Place eggplant flesh side DOWN (very important). Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes. Eggplant should be soft to touch.
- Take the eggplant out of the oven and spoon over tomato sauce evenly. Sprinkle with Parmesan and mozzarella and then the water bread crumbs. Place back into the oven and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes. Turn to broil for the last 1-2 minutes until browned.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve!