Delicious Superfood Tahini Kale Salad
All I want for lunch in this heatwave is a cold, crisp salad. I love to switch up my lettuces, toppings, and dressings. This one has kale, purple cabbage, avocado, tomato and lentils and is topped with a tahini lemon dressing. Tahini (made from sesame seeds) is a good source of protein, fiber, healthy fats, and B vitamins. This meal is high in fiber, healthy fats, protein and all the antioxidants. It will keep you full and satisfied all afternoon long! Let me know what you think. Link in bio to buy one of my favorite tahinis.
If making a kale salad make sure the massage the kale 🥬 💚
- 1/2 Cup of Tahini
- 2 Lemons, juiced
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of warm water
- Pinch of Himalayan salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley if desired
- Pinch of Cumin, optional
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, optional
- If you want the dressing a tad sweet, mix in a tablespoon of honey or maple syrup
- Whisk tahini, lemon juice, olive oil and the salt in a bowl. The mixture will thicken, don’t worry about this.
- One tablespoon at a time, add in the warm water and stir. Keep adding in a tablespoon until the dressing is to your desired consistency.
- Add in the optional cumin, cayenne and parsley.