- 1.5 cups of mashed banana (about 3 medium ripe bananas)
- 1/3 cup liquid coconut oil (I melt and cool solid coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or powdered maple sugar (I use the maple.)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Use a nonstick spray to coat muffin tray or add liners.
- Place wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and mix with an electric mixer or by hand with a spoon/spatula.
- Once mixed well, add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and continue to mix with a spatula (Do not overmix the batter can get lumpy and thick!)1
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes on 400 degrees then reduce to 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until fully baked. (Stick a toothpick in and if it comes out clean, they are done.)
- Keep in the fridge for about 7 days in Tupperware container or freeze for longer.