- 6 apples (choose your favorite variety!)
- 1/2 cup raisins and/or dried apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts OR pecans (or other nuts)
- 3/4 tsp grated orange zest
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 tsp powdered cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp powdered nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Remove apple cores and peel around core opening.
- Place apples in shallow baking pan.
- Stir together raisins, nuts, and zest in a small bowl.
- Add water and spices to saucepan and heat until it boils.
- Simmer at low heat for 2 minutes.
- Fill each apple core with nut mixture. Spoon the hot mixture over each apple.
- Place pan in oven for 30-35 minutes or until apples are soft. Enjoy!