Acorn Squash With Ground Chicken
A nutrient powerhouse, high in #fiber#vitaminA #vitaminC, B vitamins and the minerals #magnesium#potassium and #maganese. This means it’s #antiinflammatory, great for #digestion and skin health.
- 2 medium acorn squash, sliced down middle with seeds removed
- 1 pound ground lean chicken meat
- 1/4 cup pesto (I like @gothamgreens)
- 1 package baby leaf spinach
- 1/2 package -4 Tbsp pine nuts
- 1–2 Tbsp olive oil or olive oil spray
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place acorn squash flat side down on parchment paper lined baking sheet, after spraying with a touch of olive oil.
- Bake for 30 mins
- While squash is in oven, add 1 Tbsp olive oil to a large cooking pan on stove.
- Sauté spinach until it begins to wilt.
- Add ground chicken, stirring occasionally until fully cooked (opaque in color). Add cauliflower and stir in.
- Add pesto. Mix well and simmer on low for 5 more minutes.
- Remove mixture from stove and add evenly to acorn squash halves.
- Drizzle with extra pesto, sprinkle pine nuts and add grated Parmesan as desired.
- Place back in oven on broil for 2-3 mins until top browns.
- Remove and garnish with fresh basil. ENJOY!!!!