- 10-15 Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 1/2 butternut squash, cubed
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of organic spinach
- 3 tablespoons of cranberries
- 3 tablespoons of walnuts
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- Ingredients for lemon dressing :
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- 2 In a bowl, combine Brussels sprouts and squash with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 3Place Brussels sprouts on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- 4Remove baking sheet from the oven and add the squash and bake for an additional 12 to 15 minutes until Brussels sprouts are crisp outside and tender inside.
- 5Add quinoa to a bowl, vegetables, dried cranberries and walnuts. Top with the desired amount of lemon honey dressing. Enjoy!
I’m loving the indiansummer weather this fall, but I also look forward to alllll the delicious and nutritious winter vegetables coming into season. Brussels Sprouts are low in calories, high in fiber and filled with Vitamins C,K, folate, potassium, iron, and calcium. Butternut squash is also high in potassium and fiber. It’s a super source of Vitamin A, which makes it great for eyesight and your skin. It’s Vitamin C and antioxidants are also great for skin and immunity. The quinoa is high in protein and fiber. The walnuts are high in Omega 3…..and this does not even cover all of the benefits of this meal. Just know that this is beyond delicious and SO good for you. Enjoy and let me know what you think!!!!l
1 bunch of kale (black, also called Lacinato, works great): remove stalks, and chop leaves thin
1 lemon, juiced