Homemade Granola Bars
- 3/4 cup oats, blended in food processor
- 1.5 cups nuts and seeds (3/4 cup cashews, 1/4 cup walnuts, 1/4 cup pistachios, 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp ground flax
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup nut butter (mixed nut, peanut butter)
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp almond milk
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1Blend oats, nuts and dates using a food processor. I did the oats, then the nuts/seeds/dates.
- 2Add all blended ingredients to a bowl.
- 3Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- 4Line an 8x8 or 9x9 pan with parchment paper.
- 5Press the mixture into the pan and smooth it out. I just used a spoon.
- 6Place in refrigerator for one hour.
- 7Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- 8Slice and enjoy!
These days it’s seems my growing boys are even MORE hungry and snacking every second, especially since they are at home more with their #hybrid school schedule. There are definitely a few good granola/protein bars on the market today with healthy ingredients, but I thought I would my hand at making my own. My oldest son often asks me to buy the not-so-healthy options he’s seen at the grocery store, and I knew these could be an excellent substitution. These bars are full of #fiber #goodfat #omega3s and vitamins and minerals and are SO filling. I often grab a piece myslef as part of my lunch or a delish afternoon #pickmeup ! Feel free to add in your favorite nuts, seeds and butters. Mine are below. Pack them for weekend trips or to fuel sports games. You can store in the fridge for a week or the freezer for even longer! These have been a huge hit in my house. Let me know what you think!