- 1Mix breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, parmesan, chopped parsley, olive oil, melted vegan butter in a bowl.
- 2Trim artichokes. Remove the stems and cut top off artichoke. Separate the leaves. Squeeze some lemon juice over the artichoke.
- 3Boil artichokes in water for 20 minutes stem side up. Remove.
- 4Stuff breadcrumb mixture between leaves and put in a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil.
- 5Bake for 25-30 minutes at 375 degrees. Turn on broil for last few minutes to brown breadcrumbs. Drizzle with some of the cooking liquid. Top with extra chopped parsley and squeeze some lemon on top. Serve and enjoy!
Simple to steam and fun food to enjoy, this artichoke is such a delicious appetizer! One medium ‘choke has 7 grams of fiber, less than 0.5-grams fat, 13 grams carbs, 3.5 grams protein, and only 64 calories. They are rich in antioxidants, aid in digestion and liver health, and are a natural diuretic. PLUS they are what I call a slow-food: foods that take a longer time to eat. Since it takes 20 minutes for your stomach to tell your brain that it is full, foods like this can prevent overeating. Try my recipe and enjoy an artichoke today!