These cool, crunchy cucumbers ? don’t often get as much credit as their cruciferous counterparts (broccoli and cauliflower), but they should! They can be used to make this simple side dish: NO cooking even required! Cucumbers are an excellent source of Vitamin K, have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties due to their phytonutrient profile, which may help fight cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, and cancer. Plus, cucumbers are low in calories (only 16 calories per cup), but high in water content, and very filling, so feel free to enjoy a nice big serving!
- 2 English cucumbers thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 6–7 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar (I use @seggianofoods)
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil2 tablespoons fresh dill minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill minced
- Pepper to taste
- Slice the cucumbers thinly.
- Combine cucumbers in a bowl with the salt. Place in the refrigerator for about an hour. Drain the cucumbers.
- Add the olive oil, dill and vinegar. Let sit for about 30 minutes before serving. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: I used @seggianofoods white balsamic vinegar which is on the sweeter side. If needed, use a tablespoon of maple syrup.