- Wild salmon (a 12-16 oz fillet serves 3-4 big people or 6+ little people!)
- whole wheat panko or whole wheat breadcrumbs (Whole Foods makes a great whole wheat panko)
- olive oil, Cajun or Blackened Seasoning (or just salt and pepper to taste for those who don’t like spice)
- If you can’t find this in a local store, mix together 1.5 Tbsp paprika, 1 Tbsp garlic, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 Tbsp onion, 1 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp salt to create your own spicy season mix.
- Place ½ cup panko or breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl or dish. Add one teaspoon of Cajun seasoning to bowl and mix evenly. Use more or less to your taste.
- Coat salmon lightly with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Dip flesh of salmon into panko and spice mixture. Place skin-side down on baking tray/pan that is non-stick, or coated with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Place in preheated oven at 450 degrees. Cook for 12-18 minutes as desired. Cook longer when serving to small children who should have well-cooked foods.