- Lean ground turkey meat (97-99%)
- 1 chopped sweet onion
- 5 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 6-oz can of tomato paste
- chili powder
- whole grain or corn tortillas
- Pam spray or olive oil
- Coat pan/skillet with thin layer of olive oil or spray with Pam.
- In large pan or skillet brown one chopped Vidalia (sweet) onion.
- Add 5 chopped stalks of celery and cook to desired texture.
- Add 97-99 percent lean ground turkey meat (or similar percentage), cooking and stirring until cooked thoroughly and browned.
- Add one small can of tomato paste, more or less as desired.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp of chili powder to taste.
- The longer this mixture is simmered, the richer the flavor. Add water if/when needed.
- Try Ezekial frozen wheat or corn tortillas; heat in a pan. Otherwise select a different brand that has all-natural ingredients, no sugar, and is low in fat.
- Add 1/2 cup turkey mixture, salsa, chopped tomatoes, and a sprinkle of reduced-fat cheese.
- Roll up taco and enjoy! OR try turkey mixture on top of a salad.
- For kids under 12 months, skip the tomato paste and salsa. Go easy on, or skip the spices. Or just add a sprinkle of seasoning (garlic, pepper, etc). Take turkey/celery/onion mixture out of the pan and move to a food processor or blender. Add full-fat cheese for kids under two years old and beans as long as baby has tried them before. You can serve with small broken up pieces of tortilla or crackers.