With the chill of winter still in the air and the uncertainty of, well, everything we could all use some good #comfortfood Instead of reaching for your usual unhealthy, inflammatory favorites, try this hearty, immune-boosting chili full of fiber and #plantbased goodness. Let me know what you think if you try it!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium peppers, chopped
- 2 containers of extra lean ground turkey or chicken (99%)
- 1 ½ packages of @sietefoods taco seasoning or spicy chili seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 can of organic diced tomatoes or crushed tomatoes
- 1 can of Rao’s tomato sauce.
- 1 1/4 cups vegetabel broth
- 1 (15 oz) can of dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can of garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 fresh jalapeño chopped (optional)
- 10 pickled jalapeños chopped (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of your favorite hot sauce
- Place olive oil in a large pot and place over medium high heat. Add in onion, garlic and peppers and sauté until lightly browned. Add in chopped fresh jalapeños.
- Add in ground turkey and 1 ½ packages of chili/taco seasoning and salt. Add in ½ of the juiced lemon. Cook until no longer pink. Stir.
- Mix in the diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, can of Rao’s tomato sauce and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes. Add in additional ½ of the lemon juice and hot sauce. Let simmer for additional 15 mins or until chili thickens. Taste and add in salt to liking.
- Enjoy and garnish! Freeze the leftovers for an easy meal. Note: Add in anything additional vegetables you like. Spinach, mushrooms, cauliflower rice are all amazing and tasty additions.