Nothing makes me happier than knowing my family and friends are enjoying my healthy, nutritious and delicious recipes. This morning one of my best friends called me from California to ask about my pancakes. In case you missed my Kaiden Kids in the kitchen Mother’s Day special, I want to share this one again. I like making a big batch on Sunday or even Monday morning to get ready for the week. Store the batter in the fridge for a few days,or cook up all the pancakes and store in the fridge or freezer. This weekend alone, this recipe was a hit with my son for his birthday as well as his buddy in Cally. What are you waiting for? Give it a try! This recipe is high protein, high fiber, dairy and gluten free and simply perfect for any meal or special occasion. There is no refined sugar or flour. Let me know what you think!
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 Tbsp ground flax
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Beat egg in a bowl and mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Spray pan or griddle with non-stick spray (or use coconut oil or butter).
- Add about 1/4 cup batter to heated cooking surface.
- Allow to cook until edges set and pancake begins to bubble.
- Flip and cook about 1.5-2 mins.
- Serve with berries, bananas, maple syrup or any other toppings you like!