Penne a la Vodka! This is a glutenfree, dairyfree and heart healthy version too. I love tolerantfood’s green lentil, red lentil or chickpea pastas: they are amazing with single ingredients. Legumes can help lower bad cholesterol AND this dish is free of cream (high in saturated fat, in traditional vodka sauce) since I use kite hill foods ricotta cheese. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 1 box of tolerant foods penne pasta
- 1/2 jar of raos homemade tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons of kite hill foods ricotta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup @ follow your heart Parmesan cheese
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the raos homemade tomato sauce and kite hill foods ricotta cheese. Add more or less kite hill foods depending on how creamy you want your sauce
- After cooking for about 3-4 minutes, turn heat to low. Add in the follow your heart Parmesan cheese. Stir.
- Add the tolerant foods cooked pasta to the skillet.
- Season with additional salt, red pepper flakes and additional follow your heart Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!