This is definitely a favorite in my house. It is something that both my sons, husband and I all enjoy together. (This might be because avocado was one of the first foods I gave the boys as babies, followed by sharing my guacamole with them as soon as they seemed interested!) I used to enjoy it best when it was made table-side at Mexican restaurants, with the occasional pre-made version bought at stores. Once I figured out how easy it was to make at home, we are enjoying it more often than ever! Avocados are high in fiber, folate, potassium, Vitamins C, K, and B6. Their healthy fats and antioxidants make them heart-healthy, great for skin/hair and even your mood! Impress your family and/or Superbowl guests with this simple recipe. I recommend doubling or tripling because it goes quickly.
- 1 Ripe avocado
- 2 Tbsp pico de gallo (or make your own: finely chopped onions, tomato, cilantro, jalapeños-1/2 Tbsp each or amounts to your liking)
- 1–2 tsp fresh-squeezed lime juice
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- Slice open ripe avocado and scoop out into a bowl
- Add in pico de gallo, lime juice, and salt as desired.
- Mix together and mash up with a fork, to your liking. (I prefer NOT mashing too much, because I love the chunks!)
- Serve with your chips of choice (Siete is my favorite brand), or sliced vegetables (carrots, celery, peppers, jicama) and ENJOY!