Want an easy, tasty recipe that utilizes a bunch of your pantry and frozen items? Then this fried rice made with @birdseyevegetables is IT! My kids even told me it’s better than takeout! The savory sweet flavor is amazing and it is full of vegetables and fiber. It’s Passover-safe if you eat rice during this holiday OR replace with quinoa or cauliflower rice. Add egg, shrimp, chicken, beef or tofu for a complete balanced meal or serve as a side dish. Enjoy!
- 1 cup of uncooked brown rice
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup @birdseyevegetables peas
- 1/2 cup @birdseyevegetables carrots
- 3 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 –3 Tbsp of organic maple syrup or brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Heat up olive oil in skillet. Add peas, carrots, minced garlic and onions. Sauté until lightly browned.
- Whisk together soy sauce, peanut butter, sesame oil and brown sugar or maple syrup.
- Add in cooked rice in skillet followed by the sauce mixture. Stir. Cook for 3-4 minutes until heated evenly. Serve!