Think broccoli is boring? Craving some takeout for the weekend? Well I’ve got the perfect fit for you! Broccoli is high in antioxidants so it detoxes the body and is great for glowing skin. It boosts the immune system, contains calcium for strong teeth/boned, is high in fiber, and can help control blood pressure. It is full of anti-cancer nutrients and even contains iron. It’s a superfood for sure and this recipe is beyond delicious!
- 1 head of organic broccoli
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon hot water to thin sauce
- Small handful of peanuts to garnish (optional)
- Chopped scallions to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss broccoli in olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Lay in a baking dish and cook for about 20 mins in the oven until lightly brown and cooked through. Use a fork to test.
- Whisk together rice vinegar, peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil and honey in a bowl. Take broccoli out of the oven and toss with peanut sauce. Put back in the oven and cook for another 10 mins.
- Garnish with peanuts and scallions and serve!