- 2 cups broccoli, chopped into bite size florets
- 5 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of crushed red pepper (optional)
- Place steamer basket in a medium sized pot and add water, filling just until the water hits the bottom of the basket.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add broccoli to the pot, and steam covered for four minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil and garlic in a skillet over medium heat, until the garlic becomes fragrant.v
- Sprinkle with salt and red pepper flakes, if using, and serve along with your favorite protein and healthy carb for a simple, balanced meal!