Well, these potatoes can be served HOT or cold! I am a huge fan of pesto and it can make just about anything taste great. Plus it has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties from its basil and garlic. Please don’t fear potatoes: they are a good, high fiber, real-food source of complex carbohydrates. They are also high in protein, potassium, Vitamin C, and antioxidants called anthocyanins. Plus they help keep you full and decrease cravings. Add some eggs (or another lean protein) and serve with greens for a complete meal. Enjoy!!
- 2 pounds mixed baby potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- Himalayan salt
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- Place the potatoes and a tablespoon of salt in a large pot and fill with water. Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce the to heat to medium. Simmer until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain the water. Cut the potatoes in half.
- While waiting for the potatoes, make the pesto. In a blender, combine the basil, pine nuts, parmesan, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and crushed red pepper flakes. Pulse until smooth.
- Heat up olive oil and minced garlic in a large skillet under medium heat. Heat until garlic is slightly browned. Add the potatoes. Let the potatoes cook until browned. I do not stir at all for around 2 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and add 3/4 of the pesto. Mix. Turn off heat and add salt and pepper to taste. Extra basil for garnish and drizzle remaining pesto on top.
- Halve the eggs and place on plate. Sprinkle some extra Parmesan if desired. Serve and enjoy!