Ok so most of us won’t be traveling to Europe, or anywhere too far this summer, but we can pretend we are in Paris with this flavorful one-skillet meal. It is perfect for a late breakfast, brunch, lunch or even dinner for two! The pesto and chèvre, create a taste explosion in your mouth. Plus, this filling dish is filled with protein (egg and cheese) and fiber and antioxidants from the greens and fresh herbs. Make this a larger portion by adding a couple of egg whites to your whole egg, while cutting out extra saturated fat. Bon appetite!
- 2 eggs (1 full egg and one egg white if desired)
- 1/4 cup of broccoli, chopped
- 1/4 cup of asparagus, chopped
- 1/4 cup of zucchini, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of pesto
- Fresh herbs, chopped (I used basil and parsley)
- 1 tablespoon of goat cheese
- Add olive oil to a skillet on medium heat. Add chopped vegetables (zucchini, broccoli and asparagus) or whatever veggies you have in your fridge. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are slightly browned.
- Beat eggs in the small bowl. Add to the skillet. Cook until edges start to form. Add in the herbs, goat cheese and pesto to the middle of the eggs. Flip into an omelette. Let the eggs cook until middle is firm.
- Add some more fresh herbs and enjoy!