- 1 pound raw chicken breast
- 1 sweet onion-chopped
- 1/2 bag baby carrots and/or 2 chopped yellow or orange peppers
- 10 stalks of celery-chopped
- olive oil
- poultry seasoning
- garlic powder
- brown rice (or wild or basmati)
- Prepare rice as per package directions. Set aside
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to deep cooking/fry pan.
- Add onion and cook on medium heat, stirring often until onions brown.
- Add celery and continue to stir until celery begins to look a bit clear.
- Add carrots.
- Cut chicken into small chunks. Add to bowl with 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp poultry seasoning, ½ tsp garlic, 1 tsp dill. Mix so chicken is thoroughly coated with spices. Add more or less spices to your taste.
- If time permits, place the chicken-herb mixture in a plastic Ziploc or bowl and refrigerate from an hour to overnight. This marinating enhances flavor!
- Add chicken to pan with 1 cup of water.
- Simmer mixture for an hour or more adding water if needed as it boils off.
- The longer the chicken cooks, the more tender it becomes. It can be easily broken into pieces which is great for the young ones.
- Add portion to blender or food processor to puree. The rice can be added or served separate.
- Use the puree for babies or serve like a chicken salad or pate on bread or crackers.
- Serve cooked chicken with or over rice for a hearty meal.