I have always been a fan of “salads”: tuna salad, chicken salad, and egg salad. And I will admit that I do enjoy the taste of mayonnaise. Since it is high in cholesterol and saturated fat, I love finding alternative recipes to make healthy, but tasty dishes. With tuna I often use olive oil, lemon juice, and vegetables. This morning I tried something different with eggs: I used avocado. Since avocado is a fat like mayonnaise, it has a similar “mouth feel”, so I found it to be very satisfying! Give this a try and let me know what you think.
- 3 boiled egg whites
- 1/2 small avocado
- salt and pepper to taste
- squeeze of lemon juice
- red chili flakes
- 4 sliced cherry tomatoes
- Chop up three egg whites in a bowl.
- Mash in avocado with a fork.
- Squeeze in the juice of a sliced lemon wedge. Add salt and pepper to taste, and red chili flakes if desired.
- Spread on a rice cake, all grain bread, or place on top of a salad. Top with cherry tomatoes.
- Feel free to add other chopped vegetables too, such as onion, pepper, celery, or even kale. Enjoy!!!