- 3.5 cups 1% or fat free milk
- ½ cup sweetened condensed fat free milk
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 2 Tbsp brandy
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- extra nutmeg to garnish
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a saucepan and boil over medium heat on stove, stirring with whisk.
- Place egg yolks in a bowl and whisk 1/3 of hot mixture into egg yolks.
- Add everything back to saucepan, stir with whisk and continue to cook on medium heat for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Pour into pitcher and stir in brandy, bourbon, and vanilla.
- Cover pitcher surface with wax paper and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with added nutmeg when serving.v