Whether you’re a vegetarian vegan plant-based, just like good food, want a tuna substitute, OR trying to incorporate more plants/legumes for all their health benefits, this is such a great recipe!! I’ve made tuna salad in the food processor before (influenced by @itsjennarennert ) so I knew this would be just as easy. I love it over a bed of greens or on top of a slice of whole-grain or sourdough bread with sliced tomato and cucumber. Let me know if you try and what you think!
- 1 Can (14oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 Cup of vegan mayo. I love using @primalkitchenfoods avocado mayo
- 3 Tablespoons of red onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons of carrots, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons of celery, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 Tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon of white vinegar
- 1 Nori sheet (finely chopped)
- Sprinkle of salt
- Sprinkle of black pepper
- Small dash of Tamari
- Add all ingredients into a food processor. Pulse to desired consistency.
- Serve and enjoy!