Veggie packed wheat berry salad
- 1/2 cups hard wheat berries
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup of grilled yellow squash, chopped
- 1/2 cup of grilled zucchini, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1In a large pot combine the wheat berries and enough water to come 2 inches over the wheat berries. Bring to a boil and cook uncovered for 1 hour, or until tender. Drain and let cool.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the wheat berries, pecans, yellow squash, zucchini, dried cranberries, scallions, parsley, olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy!
With this amazing weather on the East Coast this weekend, who else is excited to eat, drink and hang outdoors for a change of pace?! ??♀️ This is an amazing, refreshing nutrient dense, high fiber side dish for your backyard BBQ lunch or dinner. Serve over a bed of greens and add some lean protein for a balanced meal. Let me know what you think!