- 1 Pounds potatoes
- 4 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 TSP ground turmeric
- 1 TSP of @traderjoes chili powder
- 1 TSP garlic powder
- 1 Cup of kale
- 2 Cup of cooked lentils
- 1/3 Cup of tomatoes
- Fresh herbs- basil, parsley, dill as desired
- Salt and pepper to taste. It is important to add pepper to increase absorption of the turmeric
- 2 Tablespoons of grated Parmesan if desired
- 1Wash and dry potatoes. Cut into bite sized pieces.
- 2Add olive oil to skillet on medium heat.
- 3Add in potatoes and spices. Stir and then let sit until one side is golden brown. Usually around 5-7 minutes. Turn potatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- 4Add in kale, tomatoes, lentils. Let cook until potatoes are fully cooked.
- 5Add fresh herbs and add desired amount of salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
Please don’t fear potatoes: they are a good, high fiber, real-food source of complex carbohydrates. They are also high in protein, potassium, Vitamin C, and antioxidants called anthocyanins. This means that is good for your digestion AND skin! Plus they help keep you full and decrease cravings. Turmeric is anti-inflammatory and can even help alleviate stress (and depression) which we could all use right now! Fun fact: make sure you add black pepper to your dishes made with turmeric: it aids in improved absorption of turmeric, thus more #antioxidant and #antiinflammatory benefits! Pair this dish with a lean protein-like these lentils that are also high in fiber-and some veggies and you’ve got a complete meal.
Great as leftovers with eggs for breakfast or Sunday brunch!