- 1Coat pan/skillet with thin layer of olive oil or spray with Pam.
- 2In large pan or skillet brown one chopped Vidalia (sweet) onion.
- 3Add 5 chopped stalks of celery and cook to desired texture.
- 4Add 97-99 percent lean ground turkey meat (or similar percentage), cooking and stirring until cooked thoroughly and browned.
- 5Add one small can of tomato paste, more or less as desired.
- 6Add 1-2 Tbsp of chili powder to taste.
- 7The longer this mixture is simmered, the richer the flavor. Add water if/when needed.
- 8Shells: Try Ezekial frozen wheat or corn tortillas; heat in pan. Otherwise select a different brand that has all natural ingredients, no sugar, and is low in fat.
- 9Add 1/2 cup turkey mixture, salsa, chopped tomatoes, and sprinkle of reduced-fat cheese.
- 10Roll up taco and enjoy! OR try turkey mixture on top of a salad.
- 11For kids under 12 months, skip the tomato paste and salsa. Go easy on, or skip the spices. Or just add a sprinkle of seasoning (garlic, pepper, etc). Take turkey/celery/onion mixture out of the pan and move to food processor or blender. Add full fat cheese for kids under two years old and beans as long as baby has tried them before. You can serve with small broken up pieces of tortilla or crackers.
1 pound ground chicken breast
4 heaping Tbsp almond flour