- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Slice sweet potato in vertical cuts
- 3Brush the sweet potato slices with olive oil and salt and pepper. Spread them out evenly on the baking sheets. Bake for 40 minutes until slightly golden brown.
- 4Top each slice with 1/2 tablespoon tomato sauce and a sprinkle the cheese. Bake for another 3-5 minutes until melted. I turn the oven on broil for the last minute. Please keep watch to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- 5Top with fresh basil and red pepper flakes and enjoy!
Ok let’s be honest-we all know that red sauce and cheese taste good on everything. BUT topping off this sweet potato toast to make it like pizza was a crazy amazing salty and sweet sensation! You must try it. Not to mention, sweet potatoes are high in fiber, anti-inflammatory, high in potassium, Vitamin C, Vitamin A and magnesium.
They have so many health benefits are are great for digestion and your skin. ENJOY! If you would like to make this vegan, a cheese substitute or nutritional yeast
See recipe below and enjoy for an anytime great, satisfying meal or snack!