- 3 yellow squash or zucchini, cut into slices
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian Herb Blend or chopped fresh parsley, oregano and basil to taste
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 2 Tbsp coarsely grated Parmesan cheese (more or less to taste)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1Heat extra virgin olive oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add minced garlic and cook until slightly brown.
- 2Add yellow squash. Cook until lightly browned on both sides. Season with salt, peppers and pesto. Top with fresh herbs and parmesan.
- 3Serve and enjoy!
I LOVE fresh summer squash. It is high in fiber, Vitamin C, beta carotene, and folate. It’s only 36 calories per 1 cup cooked. Try this simple, delicious recipe as a side or add some extra protein and make it a full meal.