Slim Sloppy Joes
- 1 pound organic lean ground chicken
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup carrots chopped
- 2 cups spinach leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small can tomato paste (6 oz)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp mustard (I used yellow, but feel free to try others!)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste, as desired
- 1Place olive oil in a pot, and add chopped onions. Cook on the stovetop over medium heat with constant stirring until onions are clear and begin to brown.
- 2Add carrots, followed by bell peppers, and stir up so each is cooked a bit (about 5 minutes total).
- 3Add chicken meat to pot, stirring consistently until it becomes opaque and begins to brown (about 6-8 minutes).
- 4Stir in spinach.
- 5Add tomato paste, mustard, vinegar, and cayenne pepper. Continue to stir until mixture thickens a bit (about 5 minutes).
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- 7Place on toasted Barely Bread rolls with a few slices of bell pepper. ENJOY!
1 bunch of kale (black, also called Lacinato, works great): remove stalks, and chop leaves thin
1 lemon, juiced