Quinoa Crusted Chicken Fingers
- lb chicken breast tenders, or breast sliced into 1-inch thick pieces
- Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- (Place above all together in a bowl and mix well. Allow chicken to marinate, or at least sit while oven is preheated and coating is prepped.)
- 1 large egg scrambled, set aside in small bowl
- 3/4 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- Red chili flakes to taste (if desired!)
- (Place above 4 ingredients in a separate bowl.)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Dip each chicken piece in the egg then in the quinoa mixture.
- 3Place on parchment-paper-lined baking pan.
- 4Cook in oven for about 8 minutes then flip each piece over.
- 5Cook for an additional 6-8 minutes (depending on your oven and chicken thickness). Feel free to cut into a piece and make sure chicken is completely white and not pink.
- 6Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Want a family friendly gluten free, kid approved, healthy dinner? Then try my quinoa crusted chicken fingers! Quinoa is high in fiber protein and antioxidants as well as a good source of magnesium, manganese, and phosphorus: minerals needed for strong bones. Not to mention, the crispy texture is great! I served them with broccoli and brown rice for our family dinner.