- 1Place chicken breast into a large dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2Place the remainder of the ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- 3Cover the chicken breasts with about 3/4 of the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4 Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, place the chicken breasts in the skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, turning once between cooking, about 8-10 minutes. Before turning the chicken, spoon another 2 tablespoons of marinade on chicken.
- 5Top with an extra squeeze of like juice and fresh herbs if desired. I drizzled a small amount of the remaining marinade over the chicken breast. Serve and enjoy!
Lime Herb Chicken. Spice up your #tacotuesday by creating a #tacobowl starring this lime herb chicken! The stars of this recipe are all the fresh herbs. They have great antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Since they add so much flavor, you can use less or no salt in your recipes. Parsley acts as a natural diuretic and can freshen breath. Oregano helps fight infection. Basil can help lower cholesterol and has antimicrobial properties. Serve this chicken along with some greens, beans and rice and you’ve got a full spread for an easy dinner party! Make it a fun girls night (*pairs well with tequila!) or impress your whole family. Let me know what you think and ENJOY!
1 bunch of kale (black, also called Lacinato, works great): remove stalks, and chop leaves thin
1 lemon, juiced