Healthy Penne A La Vodka
- 1 box of @tolerantfoodspenne pasta
- 1/2 jar of @raoshomemade tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons of @kitehillfoods ricotta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup @followyourheart Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the @raoshomemade tomato sauce and @kitehillfoods ricotta cheese. Add more or less @kitehillfoodsdepending on how creamy you want your sauce.
- 2After cooking for about 3-4 minutes, turn heat to low. Add in the @followyourheart Parmesan cheese. Stir.
- 3Add the @tolerantfoods cooked pasta to the skillet.
- 4Season with additional salt, red pepper flakes and additional @followyourheart Parmesan cheese if desired.
- 5Serve immediately and enjoy!
An easy, healthy one to try: Penne a la Vodka! This is a #glutenfree #dairyfree#hearthealthy version too. I love @tolerantfoods #greenlentil#redlentil or #chickpea pastas: they are amazing with single ingredients. #Legumes can help lower bad cholesterol AND this dish is free of cream (high in saturated fat, in traditional vodka sauce) since I use @kitehillfoods ricotta cheese. Give it a try and let me know what you think!