YIELD: Serves 8
- 1Combine cranberries, pears, coconut sugar, water, agave, orange juice, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 2Cook, stirring occasionally until berries start to pop, about 5 minutes.
- 3Press berries against side of pan with wooden spoon and continue to cook until berries have broken down and sauce thickens to a jam-like consistency, about 5 minutes more.
- 4 Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
- 5Adjust consistency with water as needed.
- 6Stir in crystallized ginger.
- 7Serve immediately or place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. Can be served cold or reheated.