Chocolate Almond Blueberry Overnight Oats
- 1/4 cup organic old fashioned dry oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 2 squares dark chocolate (or equivalent dark sugar free chocolate chips, or 1/8 of a 2 oz bar), preferably 70-80% cacao-my favorite is Hu Kitchen Chocolate
- 1Add almond milk to the oats in a bowl, jar or cup.
- 2Use a cheese grater to shave the chocolate into the mixture-or crush it up, or just use dark chocolate chips.
- 3Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix all together and place in the fridge overnight or at least for three hours.
- 4Feel free to save some of the blueberries, almond slices, and chocolate for the top to add fresh flavor and crunch-I did! Enjoy!
Yes, that’s right: I said CHOCOLATE! This is a great, healthy way to give into one of our most popular cravings. Instead of sitting and eating an entire chocolate bar or indulging in a decadent dessert, I’ve created a recipe so you can healthfully enjoy chocolate for breakfast or a snack. I’ve been experimenting a lot lately with overnight oats. They are so easy to make and transport; they are a filling and balanced meal/snack, and the flavor combinations are endless.
Here are the benefits of this combination:
Oats: high in fiber-a good carb that gives energy and helps you feel full
Vanilla Almond Milk: low in calories and nice flavor-I like the Califia Unsweetened Vanilla (I find at Fairway and Whole Foods) since it has NO carrageenan
Chia Seeds: High in protein, Omega-3s and filling since they expand in liquids and the belly
Almonds: high in fiber, protein and good fat, they help decrease cravings and lead to a flatter stomach
Blueberries: high in antioxidants and fiber, low-calorie and super sweet this time of year
Chocolate: high in antioxidants, is anti-inflammatory to protect heart and brain, and improves skin
Try this below, and feel free to switch out milk, nuts, and/or fruits to make new creations. You will definitely be seeing more overnight oat recipes from me here!