- 1 package of cauliflower gnocchi
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella balls, chopped
- 1/3 cup of very thinly sliced red onions
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil, roughly chopped
- A few handfuls of arugula
1/3 cup of white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried of oregano
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1Heat the two tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Let gnocchi sauté undisturbed until golden brown on the bottom, then flip.
- 2Take off heat and let cool.
- 3Add in the rest of the ingredients and combine. Stir in dressing to desired amount. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Happy (rainy) Friday everyone! It’s a wet, soggy hide-under-the-covers fall day here in Westport, so I don’t mind spending a little extra time in the kitchen-but this really is a simple recipe. Check out my pastasalad with a twist, which can be served cold or warm. It starts with @traderjoes cauli flower gnocci which my whole family loves. (Even the kids say they they taste like tater tots when I make them brown and crispy!). Whatever you do DO NOT follow the cooking instructions on the package: I find them best for cooking when defrosted first. Although traditional gnocci is great in moderation, this one is lighter, #lutenfree and higher in fiber with 6 grams per serving. All the veggies in this dish add even more fiber plus antioxidants. Give it a try and let me know what you think!